Isaac Taylor Coates Diary
Scope and Contents
Personal journal of experiences in the Hancock expedition against Native Americans of Kansas and Nebraska; includes speeches by Hancock and Native leaders; mentions Custer's involvement with the Calvary.
- Coates, Isaac Taylor,1834-1883. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Volunteered as an army surgeon. Assigned to 7th Cavalry.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Lucretia Kennedy, 2003.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Coates, Isaac Taylor, 1834-1883 -- Archives.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hancock, Winfield Scott, 1824-1886 -- Archives.
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1866-1895. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Physicians -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Cavalry, 7th -- Archives.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script