Fred Bear Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Fred Bear Museum brochures; description of Alaskan hunt; magazine articles about Bear; Fun with Bow & Arrow booklet by Jack Van Coevering and Bear; bear archery catalog; and photographs.
- Bear, Fred. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Fred Bear (March 5, 1902-April 27, 1988) was an American bow hunter, bow manufacturer, author, and television host. Owner of the Bear Archery Company; founder of the Fred Bear Museum (Gainsville, Fla.). Promoted bowhunting and wildlife management.
1 envelope (16 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Samford University, 1976.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Archery. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bear, Fred -- Archival resources.
- Bowhunters -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brochures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Printed ephemera Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Fred Bear Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script