John C. Burkhart Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a ledger used as a scrapbook with Civil War songs, recipes, personal ledger pages (1843-1878). On cover of scrapbook: Bay St Louis. Title page: Freight for Bay St Louis Steamer Creole. Also includes joke booklet, card.
- Burkhart, J. C., 1833-1911 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John C. Burkhart was an American Civil War soldier with Company A, Twentieth Iowa Infantry. Later farmer and lumber mill owner in Story County, Iowa. He was born in Johnstown, Pa. on April 26, 1833. Died on May 24, 1911 in Zearing, Iowa.
1 envelope (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Effie Amicarella; 1976
- Burkhart, J. C., 1833-1911 -- Archives
- Printed ephemera Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Soldiers -- United States -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the John C. Burkhart Scrapbook
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script