Benjamin Franklin Stapleton Book List
Scope and Contents
Collection contains "Books too Good to Miss" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library; preferences cited and signed by Stapleton.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Benjamin Franklin Stapleton (November 12, 1869 -- May 23, 1950) was the Mayor of Denver, Colorado, USA, for two periods (comprising five terms), the first from 1923 to 1931 and the second from 1935 to 1947.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Benjamin Franklin Stapleton, 1930.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Part of Children's Literature Collection.
- Best books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mayors -- Colorado -- Denver -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script