Jean Cranmer Interview Transcript
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a transcript of interview by Arlynn Nellhaus for article in Denver Post Contemporary, May 7, 1972, describes Cranmer's experiences as president of the Denver Civic Symphony and musicians who stayed at her home.
- Cranmer, Jean. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Jean Chappell Cranmer (1886-1974) was the founder of Friends of Chamber Music and the Allied Arts. First president of the Denver Civic Symphony Society. Wife of former Denver (Colo.) Parks & Recreation director, George E. Cranmer.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Arlynn Nellhaus, ;gift;1988.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Civic Symphony Orchestra of Denver -- History
- Cranmer, Jean -- Interviews
- Interviews. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Symphony orchestras -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Jean Cranmer Interview Transcript
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States