Pearl Stevens Andrews Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains nine short stories written by Pearl Andrews about life growing up in Denver, Colo.; four handwritten letters (copies) from her father, Daniel W. Stevens (1923-1931).
- Andrews, Pearl Stevens, 1896-1988 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Pearl Elizabeth Stevens Andrews was a school teacher and licensed practical nurse. Born on March 19, 1896; Denver, Colo. the eldest child of Daniel Webster Stevens (1852-1932) and Orria Ann Buckingham (1863-1950). She grew up in the Denver, Colo. area. Died July 30, 1988 in Los Altos, Calif.
1 envelope (13 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; May Andrews Shepard; 1992, 1993.
Table of Contents
A joy day -- An old fashion taffy pull -- A generation ahead -- Borrowed children --Bits of old England in South Denver -- Sundays during our summer vacation -- Two magic words -- Visitor or guest? -- An adventure by pony-cart.
- Andrews, Pearl Stevens, 1896-1988 -- Archives
- Copies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Short stories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Stevens, Daniel W. -- Correspondence.
- Women authors, American -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Pearl Stevens Andrews Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script