Davis Family Scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
Collection contains microfilm (C MSS Mflm142) copy of 4 scrapbooks of the Davis family; primarily newspaper clippings.
- Davis, John Charles, 1895-1943 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Denver businessman and founder of Davis Brothers, Inc., drug company.
2 microfilm reels
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Edith Whitaker; 1977.
"Filmed through the courtesy of Mrs. Frank LeGrand (Ethel May) Capers, Jr. and Mrs. Percy DuPonceau (Edith E.) Whitaker."
- Businessmen -- Colorado -- Denver -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Davis family.
- Davis, John Charles, 1895-1943 -- Archives.
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Davis Family Scrapbooks
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script