Scope and Contents
Copy of scrapbooks compiled and kept by Frank Butler; includes clippings, correspondence, invitations, and memorabilia relating to Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show and Annie Oakley's participation the Show.
- Check date
- Butler, Frank E., d.1926. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.; reproduction restricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
4 microfilm reels
Other Finding Aids
Repository has finding aid.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession information unknown.
Originals held by Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming.
Repository also has Buffalo Bill/William Frederick Cody collection (C MSS WH 72; C MSS Mflm 18)
Table of Contents
reel 1: Cody, 1883-1895 -- reel 2: Cody, 1875-1914 -- reel 3: Cody, 1887-1930 -- reel 4, Oakley: 1887-1925.
- Buffalo Bill's Wild West Company -- History.
- Buffalo Bill, 1846-1917 -- Archives.
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oakley, Annie, 1860-1926 -- Archives.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shooters of firearms -- West (U.S.) -- Archives. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wild west shows -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Cody-Oakley scrapbooks,1875-193?[microform]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script