Larry Patchett papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains play scripts, braille manuscripts, newspaper clippings, programs, Playbills, Colorado Performing Arts Festival material, contracts for lighting and sound, buttons from political and cultural events, crew passes, Gay Mens' Chorus programs, photographs.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Born in Tulsa, Okla. on December 17, 1953. Received a BS in music/media from UCD (1980). President of Nomas Prod. and Sound. Works as a sound engineer and audio consultant for local TV stations and on other video and film related projects. Received an Emmy awards for Who's Taking the Heat (1984) and Time Machine (2009). Member of the Empire Lyric Players, longest running exclusively Gilbert & Sullivan troupe in the world, based in Denver, Colo.
1 oversize file folder(s)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Larry Patchett;gift;2002, 2010, 2014.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Office files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Patchett, Larry, 1953- -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sound engineers -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theater -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Larry Patchett papers,ca.1950-2014[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script