Frederick Samuel Dellenbaugh Correspondence
Scope and Contents
Collection contains postcards from Santa Barbara, Calif.; correspondence includes letter from W.H. Jackson relating the funeral of John K. Hillers (photographer on the Powell survey of 1879) and letters from Julius Stone describe trip down the Colorado and Green Rivers in 1909.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Frederick Samuel Dellenbaugh (1853-1935) was an American explorer, artist, historian, and writer. Youngest member of the second Powell expedition which explored the Colorado River and Grand Canyon (1871-1872).
1 envelope (11 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Paul Harbaugh, 1981.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dellenbaugh, Frederick Samuel, 1853-1935 -- Correspondence
- Explorers -- Southwest, New -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Postcards. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Discovery and exploration -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Frederick Samuel Dellenbaugh Correspondence
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States