Pierson Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes family memorabilia, genealogy and marriage records, family photographs and photo albums (1865-1975), postcards, correspondence, newspaper clippings, Camp Fire Girls scrapbook, Chicago subway construction scrapbook, Colo. State Board of Embalming Examiners certificate (1913), Colo. National Apple Exposition materials (1910-1958).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Harry Pierson was construction superintendent for the Moffat Tunnel (Colo.) and the Chicago subway system. He married Glea Woodruff. Other family members include: Dwight Pierson Lanmon, Eliane Glea Pierson Lanmon Curtis, Ira Dwight Lanmon, Joseph Franklin Curtis, Dwight Franklin Woodruff and Cynthia F. Woodruff.
1 oversize folder
1 oversize box
5 photo boxes
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dwight P. Lanmon, 1997-1999, 2009.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Camp Fire Girls.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Construction workers -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pearson family -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pierson, Glea Woodruff, 1888- -- Archives.
- Pierson, Harry -- Archives.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Subways -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Design and construction. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script