Scope and Contents
Views of Colorado. Shows adobe houses and buildings; the Mineral Palace in Pueblo (Pueblo County); views of the Royal Gorge and Arkansas River and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Hanging Bridge; interior and exterior views of the Hotel Colorado and the Yampah Hot Springs in Grand Junction (Garfield County); Glenwood Canyon and the Colorado River (Garfield County); the Fryingpan River and Aspen (Pitkin County); view of Pikes Peak from the west (El Paso County); views of unidentified mines; views of Belden, mines, Battle Mountain and Eagle River (Eagle County); the Colorado Midland railroad trestle near Hagerman Tunnel (Pitkin County); views of the Manitou and Pike's Peak Railway Company and Pikes Peak (El Paso County); Ivanhoe Lake (Pitkin County); Williams Canyon near Manitou Springs and the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs (El Paso County).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 photo box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Michael Ginsberg Books, Inc.;Sharon, Mass.;purchase;2003.
Title gold embossed on pebbled leather cover.
A few images have printed titles.
Some images by William Henry Jackson.
many of the photographic prints are only tipped in at the top and are loose.
- Albumen prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Voyages and travels -- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Colorado trip[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script