Peter and Deedee Decker Papers
Scope and Contents
Papers from both Peter and Deedee Decker's work with the Environmental Defense Fund, Rocky Mountain Regional Advisory Board. Also includes a photocopy of typewritten transcript of talk entitled, "Standing on the back of turtles" given by Peter Decker on August 19, 2002 to Ouray County Historical Society stressing the importance of preserving local history.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Former history professor. Left profession in 1974 to become a rancher in Ridgway, Colorado.
2 boxes (.75 linear feet)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Peter R. Decker; gift ;2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: DPL Conservation Collection.
- Decker, Deedee -- Archives.
- Decker, Peter R., 1934- -- Archives.
- Environmental Defense Fund. Rocky Mountain Advisory Board.
- Ouray County (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ranchers -- Colorado -- Ridgway. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Peter and Deedee Decker Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script