Mary Pickford Book List
Scope and Contents
Collection contains list "Girlhood Favorites" with preferences indicated; signed by Pickford.
- Pickford, Mary,1892-1979. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Gladys Louise Smith (April 8, 1892 -- May 29, 1979), known professionally as Mary Pickford, was a Canadian-American film actress, writer, director, and producer. She was a co-founder of the film studio United Artists and one of the original 36 founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mary Pickford, 1930.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Part of Children's Literature Collection.
- Best books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pickford, Mary, 1892-1979 -- Archives.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script