Edith Kermit Carow Roosevelt Book List
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a letter from Roosevelt (Oyster Bay, NY) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library, regarding book list, dated October 5, 1935?; list "Girlhood Favorites" selections indicated and signed by Roosevelt.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edith Kermit Carow Roosevelt (August 6, 1861 -- September 30, 1948) was the second wife of President Theodore Roosevelt and served as First Lady of the United States during his presidency from 1901 to 1909.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Edith Kermit Carow Roosevelt, 1930?.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Part of Children's Literature Collection.
- Best books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Presidents' spouses -- United States -- Archives. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow, 1861-1948 -- Archives.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script