Seth Terry Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a photocopy of Terry's diary (1871); concerns location and founding of Longmont by Chicago Colorado Colony. Photocopy of report (Feb. 16, 1872) summarizes accomplishments of the colony; brief inventory and information about Seth Terry in the Longmont Pioneer Museum; microfilm contains scrapbook of clippings, railroad passes, programs, correspondence about Terry's life and the lives of other pioneers (Mflm79).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Seth Terry was the President of the Chicago Colorado Colony (1871-1872) and one of the founders of Longmont, Colo.
1 envelope (3 items)
1 microfilm reels (35mm) (Mflm79)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Permission to photocopy, Longmont Pioneer Museum, Longmont, Colo., 1972.
Originals retained by Longmont Pioneer Museum, Longmont, Colo.
Collection contains microfilm Mflm 79.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Colorado -- Longmont. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Longmont (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers -- Colorado -- Longmont. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Att
- Finding Aid for the Seth Terry Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script