Albert Bierstadt letter to William N. Byers, June 3, 1891
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a letter acknowledging Byers' letter of May 3 with invitation to visit. Accompanied by a note to Byers from Albert's brother, Edward Bierstadt (May 21, 1891, New York City) explaining that Byers' letter of May 3 had been forwarded to London.
- June 3, 1891
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902) was a German-born artist, painter of the American West. Writing to William N. Byers, a pioneer Colorado newspaperman and Editor of the Rocky Mountain News.
1 envelope (1 item)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Painters -- West (U.S.) -- 19th century -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Albert Bierstadt letter to William N. Byers, June 3, 1891
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script