George M. Wallace Papers
Scope and Contents
Awards and plaques; pilot's license, manuals, guides, logbooks; family photographs; baby book of Robert Wallace (son); scrapbooks of correspondence, clippings, newsletters, photographs concern Denver (Colo.) Technological Center, Arapahoe County (Colo.) Airport; Denver Water Bonds; Aviation Hall of Fame and trips to South America, Europe.
- Wallace, George M.,1918-1996. (Person)
- Wallace, George M., (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Inventor and engineer. Built the Denver (Colo.) Technological Center and Arapahoe County (Colo.) Airport. Receipt of numerous awards and correspondence from organizations and well-known people. Traveled extensively.
4 oversize boxes
30 oversize folios
1 oversize folder
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, George M. Wallace, 1989.
Materials Specific Details
The materials in this collection are in good condition. However, the scrapbooks are the type with sticky pages and a plastic overlay. They are already showing signs that they will deteriorate and wrinkle as time passes.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Arapahoe County Airport -- Archives.
- Awards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Denver Technological Center -- Archives.
- Engineers -- Colorado -- Denver Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Real estate developers -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wallace, George M., 1918-1996 -- Archives.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States