Lucille Hastings Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Hastings research files with newspaper clippings, pamphlets, maps and information about states, counties and cities in Western United States.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Mary Lucille Hastings (1910; Colorado-1987; Denver, Colo.) was writer for Denver Post. A graduate of the University of Colorado, she was also the editor of the Brighton Blade and a news editor at radio station KLZ. She later was employed as senior archivist for the State of Colorado. She also wrote freelance articles, and research notes.
9 box(es) (9 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Lucille Hastings, 1984.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Colorado -- History. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Hastings, M. Lucille (Mary Lucille), 1910-1987 -- Archives
- Office files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Research (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women editors -- Colorado -- Denver Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women journalists -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script