Julia Anna Archibald Holmes Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains research material gathered by Agnes Wright Spring in editing the book: A bloomer girl on Pike's Peak, 1858 (Denver, Colo. : Western History Dept., Denver Public Library, c1949). Includes Mrs. Spring's notes and correspondence, typescript of the book, book reviews, and a radio play based on it by Myron Smith (University of Denver, 1950).
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Julia Annie Archibald Holmes (February 15, 1838-January 19, 1887) was a Canadian-American suffragist, abolitionist, mountaineer and journalist. She was the first white woman to climb Pikes Peak in 1858.
1 box(es) ; (.5 linear feet)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid in repository.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Holmes material in transcript only from various repositories.
- Biographies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pikes Peak (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radio plays. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Typescripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Julia Anna Archibald Holmes Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script