Land Grants Collection
Scope and Contents
Government reports, surveys, documents, court cases, briefs on land grants in the old Spanish province of New Mexico which includes present day Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, California, and southern Colorado; some documents pertaining to Maxwell Land Grant.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
9 boxes (5 linear feet)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid in repository.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
A282-L879 (box 1). M453 (box 2). M453v-M825 (box 3). N277-P412 (box 4). S196-V682 (box 5). San Diego, Santa Barbara, trampas, Vigil Las Truchas grants ; Letters from Secretary of the Interior (box 6). S769co, v.1, no. 6, United States v. Maxwell Land Grant Company, Records and Brief various pagination ; S769co, v.2, Maxwell Land Grant Company vs. John B. Dawson ; S769co, v.4, United States v. Maxwell Land Grant Company, U.S. Supreme Court Transcript of Record (box 7). S769co Briefs, Miscellaneous New Mexico volume IV (in 2 volumes)(box 8). S769co, v.5, CESSNA vs. United States - Heath Grant Case ; S769co, v.6 Springer Land Association v. Patrick P. Ford transcript (box 9).
- Land grants Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Land grants -- California. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Land grants -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Land grants -- New Mexico. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maxwell Land Grand (N.M. and Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public lands. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Land Grants Collection
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States