Constance Lindsay Skinner Book List
Scope and Contents
Letter from Skinner (New York City) to Katherine Watson, Denver (Colo.) Public Library regarding book list, dated October 10, 1930; list "Girlhood Favorites" selections indicated and signed by Skinner; letters from Skinner to Watson regarding Skinner's titles: Silent Scot; Becky Landers; and Beaver, Kings and Cabins.
- 1930, 1936
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Constance Lindsay Skinner (December 7, 1877 -- March 27, 1939) was a Canadian writer, critic, historian and editor best known for having conceived the Rivers of America Series for the publisher Farrar & Rinehart.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Constance Lindsay Skinner, 1930, 1936.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Part of Children's Literature Collection.
- Best books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Skinner, Constance Lindsay, 1882-1939 -- Archives.
- Women authors -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States