Gilbert R. Weir Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence concerning Weir's proposal for an ocean-to-ocean highway across the U.S. and some material concerning local street extension of Broadway to North Denver. A postcard of the Palacio De Bellas Artes (Mexico City, Mexico) sent from Dorothea (daughter?) to Gilbert around 1934.
- 1900-1923, 1934
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Born February 12, 1866 in Ontario County, Ontario, Canada. Emigrated to Denver, Colo. in the early 1890s and worked as a realtor and investment broker. Was also president of North Side Improvement Society. Married to Minnie Lorena Weir (b. Canada, 1872).
1 envelope (60 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Broadway (Denver, Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Highway planning -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Streets -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States