A. Moore Berry Scrapbook
Identifier: C MSS WH30
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a scrapbook with newspaper clippings of Berry's career in Denver, Colo. as a lawyer, judge, and member of the Denver Public Library commission. Includes some family items, invitations, typescripts of articles and poems.
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
A. Moore Berrry was a Denver, Colo. attorney. B. South Carolina; began law practice 1871; moved to Denver 1890s. For a time Denver District Court judge and active in local Democratic politics. Member of Denver Public Library commission (appointed by Mayor R.W. Speer) during construction of the Carnegie building, 1906-1910, in Civic Center.
Other Finding Aids
Indexed in repository's general index.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Unknown donor, no date.Source unknown.
- Berry, A. Moore (Andrew Moore), 1848- -- Archives
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- Politics and government -- 1876-1950. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver Public Library -- History.
- Lawyers -- Colorado -- Denver -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the A. Moore Berry Scrapbook
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script