Evan Lincoln Jenkins Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies of the following items:: letters written by Vance's grandfather, Evan Lincoln Jenkins (1951); newspaper article on Jenkins' 50th wedding anniversary (1934?); series of letters by Jenkins published in The Fairbury Journal (Neb.) (n.d.); photograph of Eli Barry Vance (grandfather) taken at Green Mountain Falls, Colo. (1943).
- Jenkins, Evan Lincoln, 1867-1952 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Evan Lincoln Jenkins was principal of the Edgar Schools (Neb.). Moved to Powell, Neb. in 1900, conducted a general merchandise business until 1912. Moved to Fairbury, Neb. Deputy Jefferson County (Neb.) treasurer. Later worked on his daughter's ranch in Green Mountain Falls, Colo.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Loren A. Vance, 2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- School principals -- Nebraska -- Edgar. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vance, Loren A., 1932-2001 -- Archives.
- Finding Aid for the Evan Lincoln Jenkins Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script