Edwin C. Gibson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains reunion information, material on Dachau, Blizzard newsletters, military records, notes, correspondence, biographical information, scrapbook, photographs, clippings from "Brattleboro Daily Reformer" and Camp Hale "SKI-ZETTE."
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edwin Cooper Gibson was born in Ill. in 1915 and enlisted in the Army at Rutland, Vt. in 1943. At the time of enlistment he was married and employed as an entertainer. Gibson joined the 10th Mountain Division while it was engaged in winter warfare training at Camp Hale, Colo. and later transferred to Camp Swift, Tex. He served with Company F of the 86th Infantry Regiment attaining the rank of Staff Sergeant. Gibson attended Officer Candidate School and eventually attained the rank of Colonel. During his subsequent military career, he served as an instructor in arctic warfare. Gibson died in Fla. in 2002.
1 oversize box
1 Oversize file folder
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Sarah Storm; 1998, 2004.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Collection incorporates former scrapbook #59.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gibson, Edwin C., 1915-2002 -- Archives.
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- Edwin C. Gibson Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script