Alan J. Kania Papers
Scope and Contents
Contains material related to wild horses and the legislation to protect them. Includes correspondence with Annie (Velma) Johnston (Wild Horse Annie), news clippings, press releases, and reports.
- Kania, Alan J. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Author and Executive Director, Center for Wild Horse & Burro Research.
16 boxes (16 linear feet)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Alan J. Kania,gift.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Varying Form of Title
Alan Kania papers
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: DPL Conservation Collection.
- Animal rights -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Animal rights activists -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Animal welfare -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Horses -- Law and legislation. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnston, Annie Bronn -- Correspondence.
- Kania, Alan J. -- Archives.
- Wild burros -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wild horses -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Alan J. Kania Papers.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script