Beverly DeBerard and Virginia Crocker oral history
Scope and Contents
DeBerard discusses her first flights during World War II and women in aviation in Colorado during the 1930s and 1940s; Crocker describes her first flight on a DC-3 in the 1930s, relates her feelings about seeing Charles Lindberg in 1928 or 1929.
- Check date
- Crocker, Howard (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
DeBerard was a member of the Civil Air Patrol during World War II, active in the University of Denver flying club. Crocker was active in aviation in the 1930s in Colorado.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by Howard Crocker II.
- Aeronautics -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crocker, Virginia -- Interviews.
- DeBerard, Beverly -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women air pilots -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Beverly DeBerard and Virginia Crocker oral history,1979 June 26, 30[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States