Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence; notices; memos; bylaws; financial statements; minutes books; board of directors papers; enrollment lists; newspaper clippings; newsletters; photographs.
- Collins, Eileen F., (Person)
- Peak, Paul R, (Person)
- Peabody, Olive, (Person)
- Hufft, Jane W., (Person)
- Gooding, Marjory, (Person)
- Highlanders (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
CAll requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Youth organization founded in 1916 by Denver, Colo. businessman, George W. Olinger (1882-1954). Based on military structure, members progressed through the ranks via achievements and merit. Activities included rifle marksmanship, speech, tumbling, survival training, salesmanship and band. Originally for boys 8-18, program was opened to girls in 1977. Formerly known as Highlander Boys.
35 box(es) (34.25 linear feet)
2 oversize box(es)
7 oversize folio(s)
1 audiovisual envelope(s)
8 photo box(es)
1 photo folio(s)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Eileen F. Collins, 1983; Paul R. Peak, 2004; Olive Peabody, 1983; Jane W. Hufft and Marjory Gooding, 2016; Sylvia Stoll Jones and Eric Jones, 2019.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Collection includes former: C Photo Collection 113 (Highlander Boys, photographs).
- Administrative records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Boys -- Colorado -- Denver -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Girls -- Colorado -- Denver -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Highlander Boys -- Archives.
- Highlander Boys -- History -- Pictorial works.
- Highlanders (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Olinger, George W., 1882-1954 -- Archival resources.
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Studio portraits Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script