Lewis B. France Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains five letter books (1871-1897) concerning law practice; also deeds, powers of attorney, real estate transactions, receipts; some material about Denver Water Supply Company.
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Lewis B. France was a Denver, Colo. lawyer and author. Born Aug. 8, 1833 Washington, D.C. Began Denver law practice 1861. As an avocation, wrote stories and sketches about Colorado. Died June 7, 1907.
1 box ; (1 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Lawyers -- Colorado -- Denver -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal instruments Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letter books. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Lewis B. France Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States