University Park oral history project
Scope and Contents
Residents of the University Park Subdivision of Denver, Colo. recall life in the neighborhood from early 1900 to the mid-1980s including the growth and development of the area, the history of houses, churches, businesses, the park and Chamberlin Observatory. Recorded as part of 14 year old Barry Matchett's 1986 Eagle Scout project.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
University Park Subdivision in south central Denver, Colorado was platted in 1892. The University of Denver moved its main campus there in the early 1890s.
30 sound cassettes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mary Beth Twining;2001.
University of Denver Penrose Library holds the original tapes.
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by Barry Matchett.
- Denver (Colo.) -- History -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver (Colo.) -- Social life and customs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Neighborhoods -- Colorado -- Denver -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University Park (Denver, Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the University Park oral history project,1986[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script