Journal of 1895 Wetherill expedition
Scope and Contents
Handwritten journal of Wetherill expedition to the Hopi (Moqui) Indians in northwest Arizona. Includes typed transcript.
- Kelley, W. H. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Editor of the Mancos Times of Cortez, Colorado. Accompanied Richard Wetherill on expedition. Wetherill, an archaeologist, discovered the ruins of Mesa Verde in 1888.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from Louisa Ward Arps collection.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Archaeological expeditions -- Arizona. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hopi Indians. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kelley, W. H. -- Archives.
- Wetherill expedition (1895) -- Archives.
- Wetherill, Richard, 1858-1910 -- Archives.
- Finding Aid for the Journal of 1895 Wetherill expedition,1895[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script