Denver High School, District Number One, Denver, Colorado: album, class of 1887 & 1888
Scope and Contents
Studio portraits of Denver High School students from the classes of 1887 and 1888. Includes an image of an unidentified African American man. Class of 1887: Charles L. Slattery, Eleeta Webb, Frank D. Aller, Anna Josephine Ammons, Frank R. Ashley, Maggie J. Banta, Laura E. Bates, Charles F. Black, Anna S. Blake, Dennis L. Blakely, Arthur H. Buck, Ralph W. Botler, Clara V. Clemens, Myra A. Clinton, Mary D. Cobb, Mary J. Conine, Mary E. Corwin, Helen T. Creswell, Howard F. Crocker, Ada Dwelle, Louise A. Fisher, Minnie A. Fitzgerald, Charles H. Hanington, Emma Hansen, Kate Hardy, George Henry, Henry B. Hobart, Clara A. Illius, Henry Hugo Kruse, Irene B. Landon, Symmes Major Liddell, Georgen I. Maxwell, Harry J. McGowan, Alfred Horace Phelps, Lillie A. Rafert, Caroline A. Rice, Alice Rooney, Hattie U. Roworth, Marguerite A. Sampson, Frank C. Schroter, Elizabeth R. Shotwell, Caroline Anne Smith, Charles Dupree Smith, Ralph Smith, Anna Belle Sopris, Constance A. Van Diest, Minnie Hope Vickers, Mary H. Wanlass.
Class of 1888 - Mary E. Haskell, Anna M. Ballard, Katharine F. Barrows, Martha H. Best, Perl Baker, Sallie Bomberger, Sara Ella Brown, Frederick Sidney Brown, Katherine M. Connelly, Laura E. Cornell, George P. Costigan, Jr., Hannah M. Curnow, James Robert Donaldson, John Saylor Donaldson, Ralph R. Gillette, Marion W. Goddard, Charles A. Graham, Ethel P. Hamer, Iona Haughey, Newell M. Hayden, Dora M. Heckendorf, Jennie Francis Hendrie, Emily M. Herman, Anna May Hoag, Dora Longfoote Ish, Evelyn May Jacobs, Theophila A. Kallemberg, Marian Knight, Edward B. Krueger, Rosa Kruse, Victor C. Kruse, William B. Lewis, William J. Nicholl, Mabel Padelford (or Delford), Isabel Phipps, Anna E. Scovill, Ida May Shrock, Bessie O. Simmons, Zula A. Simmons, Mary Edith Sims, Theodore Gardner Smith, Frank W. Stahl, Ena Louise Stone, Margaret Jane Taylor, Will F. Wanless, Marie L. Warnecke, Fannie R. Whittlesey, Alice Maud Woods, Allan Wicks Wright, Dexter H. Smith, George A. Stahl.
- Boatwright, Sharon K. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession information unknown.
Title embossed on leather cover.
Albums indexed in: "Denver High School photo albums, 1887-1897," by Sharon K. Boatwright, M.A. in "Colorado Genealogist", vol. 60, no.4. Formerly v.2 of 10 volumes.
Cabinet cards are mounted in album pages, identification penciled beneath card photographs.
"Denver High School photo albums, 1887-1897," by Sharon K. Boatwright, Colorado Genealogist,v.60 no.4 : 5-37.
- Albumen prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cabinet photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Denver High School -- Students -- Portraits.
- Denver Public Schools -- Students -- Yearbooks.
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- School yearbooks -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students -- Colorado -- Denver -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Denver High School, District Number One, Denver, Colorado[graphic] :album, class of 1887 & 1888
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script