Malcolm N. MacKenzie Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes poetry by Erling Omland, Laura Winter and Thurl Brown; film and interview transcripts; National Association correspondence, business papers and notes; History of the International Federation of Mountain Soldiers (draft by MacKenzie); Army Signal Corps photographs (1943-1945); newspaper clippings, reunion materials, reunion photographs (1990-2001) and other related ephemera.
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Malcolm "Mac" MacKenzie was born in Massachusetts in 1925. He had completed three years of high school, was single and working as a retail clerk when he enlisted in the Army at Manchester, N.H. MacKenzie joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. in 1943. He would later serve at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. MacKenzie was assigned to several different companies in the 85th and 86th Infantry Regiments. During combat operations in Italy, he was wounded in action near Castel d' Aiano on April 14, 1945. MacKenzie was very active in the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division and served as the organization's second president.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Malcolm N. MacKenzie, 2002-2003.
All items are in good condition.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Internation Federation of Mountain Soldiers.
- MacKenzie, Malcolm N., 1925- -- Archives.
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Malcolm N. MacKenzie Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script