John and Walter Kasabuski Papers
Scope and Contents
Includes photocopies of news articles, and clippings, photocopies of photographs and letters about John and Walter Kasabuski.
- Circa 1940s
- Britzenhoff, Alan (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Brothers John and Walter born and raised in Saugus, MA, graduated Saugus High School. Each president of ski club. Walter assigned to Company E of the United States 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment of the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale (Colorado). John entered service 1942, member of the 86th Mountain Infantry Regiment, later transferred to the 87th unit to be with his brother. Served Kiska (Aleutian Islands) invasion. Spring 1945 sent to Northern Italy. Pfc. John fatally wounded by a grenade on April 15. Sgt. Walter killed by sniper fire on April 27. Kasabuski Memorial Ice Rink in Saugus, MA named in their honor.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Alan Britzenhoff; 2005.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kasabuski, John -- Archives.
- Kasabuski, Walter -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives.
- John and Walter Kasabuski Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 7, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script