Robert F. Moran papers
Scope and Contents
Copies of service documents: Letter of Commendation to Moran from Colonel R.C. Barlow (1945), discharge papers (1946), VA notice of training status (1951-1953), as well as a photograph of Moran, possibly taken in Italy (ca.1945).
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Pubic Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert F. Moran was born in Pennsylvania in 1925. He completed one year of high school and was working as a filling station attendant when he enlisted in the Army on May 11, 1944 at New Cumberland, Pa. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex., where he was assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment, Service Company. Later, he engaged in combat operations in Italy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of William Farnham, 2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Moran, Robert F., 1925- -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- Finding Aid for the Robert F. Moran papers,1945-1953[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script