George A. Koslow Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains the following paperwork: Bronze Star Citation (1945), copies of a newspaper clipping and discharge papers (1945) for George Koslow.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George A. Koslow was born in the state of Massachusetts in 1922. He completed three years of high school, was single and working as a tool sharpener when he enlisted in the Army on October 23, 1942 at Boston, Mass. Koslow joined the 10th Mountain Division in late 1944 at Camp Swift, Tex. He was assigned to the 86th Infantry Regiment, Company A. During combat operations in Italy, Koslow received the Bronze Star medal for heroic achievement on April 21, 1945 during the Po River battle.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Susan Hallett, 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Documents (object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Koslow, George A., 1922- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script