John S. Creaghe Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains copies of journal entries and military records (1944-1946); correspondence, photos (1980s-2002); and documentation on Creaghe's Distinguished Service Cross award (1945).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John Creaghe was born in Meeker, Colorado in 1921 and enlisted in the Army in April 1943. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado where he was assigned to Headquarters of the 85th Infantry Regiment, later Company G and finally Company B of the 85th. Creaghe also served at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. He earned a Silver Star medal for service near Mt. Gorgolesco in February 1945 and was wounded in action at della Spe in March 1945. Creaghe also received the Distinguished Service Cross for service in Italy and attained the rank of 1st Lieutenant.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; John Creaghe; 2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Creaghe, John S., 1921- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John S. Creaghe Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 27, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script