King and Thompson Families photograph collection
Scope and Contents
Snapshots of Denver, Colorado, unidentified views and identified and unidentified studio portraits. Identified individuals include: Grace Skeen, Mr. Jessup, Mrs. Julia L. King, Korah King, W.J. Sallee, Guy D. Sallee, Paul B. Sallee, R. Royal Sallee, James W. Thompson, Julia A. Thompson, Ella Thompson, Edward J. Thompson, Mamie Thompson, Nan Thompson, Edgar Thompson, Elanor Clune, Grace Clune, Mrs. Walter Bedell Smith, Mrs. John McCormick, Rev. J.B. Sparks. Anna Jain, Effie Parker, Nellie Parker, E.J. Thompson, Mrs. E.J. Thompson, Abbie Julia Hall, Eddie Roland Hall, William Hall, Carl Thompson, John P. Skeen, Mrs. Lydia Morris, Jurush Trindle, and Rula Thompson. Bro. Ed's house, Abbie Julia Hall, Eddie Roland Hall and William Hall, 1887, Chama Hotel (N.M.), Bright Angel Trail, Grand Canyon. Albums include travel scenes and images of North American Indians.
- between 1885 and 1940
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
2 photo boxes
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Brad Meythaler.
Some photographs are soiled, faded, torn; nitrate negatives have deterioration.
- Cabinet photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Card photographs (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- King family -- Portraits.
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Salley family -- Portraits.
- Thompson family -- Portraits.
- Tintypes (prints) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description