Alonzo Hartman Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Hartman's memories of experiences in Gunnison, Colo. region during 1870s and 80s.
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Alonzo Hartman (1850-1940) was an Iowa native, early settler in Gunnison County, Colo. Employed by Los Pinos (Ute) Agency 1872-1875. Region postmaster 1876-1885. Rancher 1885-1926. Retired to Calif.
1 box ; (.25 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid in repository.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Duane Vandenbusche, Gunnison, Colo., 1971.
Photocopies (ca. 1971)--of reminiscences, some written ca. 1931. Repository of originals unknown..
- Gunnison County (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Local histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers -- Colorado -- Gunnison County -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ute Indians -- Government relations. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Alonzo Hartman Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script