Samuel J. Morrison oral history
Scope and Contents
During this radio interview, Morrison recounts a variety of experiences he had with the 10th Mountain Division both during and after World War II. Interview touches on a variety of subjects including his enlistment and training with the 10th, his experiences on the Italian front, and his relationship with the 10th Mountain Division after the War. The end of the tape focuses on the formation and activities of the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division.
- Check date
- Morrison, Samuel J. (Person)
- Benedict, Brian, (Person)
- Morrison, Samuel J., (Person)
- Collaborative Digitization Project (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Born Englewood, New Jersey, September 3, 1923. Served with the 87th Infantry, 10th Mountain Division from February 8, 1943 to August 28, 1945. Stationed at Camp Hale, Camp Swift, and Italy. Awarded the Bronze Star. Changed name from Meiselman to Morrison during the 1950s.
1 sound cassettes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Samuel J. Morrison, 1994.
Online digitized files available through the Collaborative Digitization Project, Denver, Colorado.
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by Brian Benedict.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Morrison, Samuel J. -- Interviews.
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archives.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Samuel J. Morrison oral history,1993[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script