Denver Regional Council of Governments Records
Scope and Contents
The collection includes DRCOG related materials: correspondence with Denver Housing Authority (ca.1973), evaluations of aviation management, regional functions layout, descriptions and explanations for the Metro County; Metro Forum materials: overview, remarks, vision statement, fact sheet, memorandums; Regional Planning Commission materials; papers on Regional Governance; North Meridian Metro District Service Plan; Planning Commission Report (1987); Town of Superior zoning ordinance and integrated development code (1991); Air Quality Council materials (1987-1990); Environmental Strategies for Metro Denver (1988); Mass Transit materials: Section 18 program for the Urban Mass Transportation Act, mass transportation plan for the metro area, correspondence and community survey for Light Rail (1980); City of Boulder materials; Thornton North Washington materials.
- Cronenberger, Patricia, (Person)
- Denver Regional Council of Governments. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) fosters regional cooperation between county and municipal governments in the Denver metropolitan area. Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) focuses on quality-of-life issues. These include mobility, service to older adults, environmental concerns, planning for the future, public safety, and the provision of information for sound decision-making.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Patricia Cronenberger, 2007.
- Colorado -- Politics and government. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- Social conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Denver Regional Council of Governments -- Archives.
- Official reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ordinances Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Public transit Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transportation -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Urban planning Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Urban rail systems Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Zoning Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Zoning -- Colorado -- Superior. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States