Alfred Ricken Papers
Scope and Contents
Includes telegram and correspondence from War Department notifying Emma Bischke Ricken of her husband's death and letter from Ricken to Albert Schaeffler. Photo album includes photos of Camp Hale, rock climbing, unidentified soldiers undergoing training, Cooper Hill, Leadville, inside tavern or bar, and rock climbing at Seneca, West Virginia.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Pubic Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Born in Germany in 1905. Enlisted in August 1942. Served with the 10th Mountain Division, 86th Regiment, Company I. Member of the 10th Recon Battalion and Mountain Training Group. Stationed at Camp Hale (Colorado), Camp Swift (Texas) and Italy. Killed in action during combat around Mount Della Torraccia on February 25, 1945. Buried at Florence American Cemetery.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Lorraine Mnich, 2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ricken, Alfred -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Archives.
- Finding Aid for the Papers,1943-1944[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script