Sol Wachovsky Papers
Scope and Contents
1 pencil sketch of an uknown soldier by soldier Sol Wachovsky.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Sol Wachovsky was born in Illinois State in 1922. He was living in Cook County, Ill. when he enlisted in the Army on July 31, 1940. At the time of his enlistment, Wachovsky had completed three years of high school, was single and working as a filling station attendant. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Lewis, Wash. where he was assigned to the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment. Wachovsky attained the rank of corporal and served at every station to which the 10th Mountain Division was assigned during World War II. He was wounded during combat operations near Querciola, Italy on February 20, 1945.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, James F. Corrigan, 2005.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Aleutian Islands (Alaska) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kiska Island (Alaska) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers in art. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Thumbnail sketches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works.
- Wolchovsky, Sol, 1922- -- Archives.
- Works of art Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sol Wachovsky Papers
- Keli Schmid
- September 16, 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script