Barney Whatley papers
Identifier: C MSS WH1947
Scope and Contents
Includes letters to and from Whatley to Francis X. Morrow about Theo Knorr and Matt Baker who owed money and were being dealt with by a collections agency. Letters detail the cost of items in 1912 as well as the collection methods. A few other letters also mention other people concerning money.
- Check date
- Whatley, Barney. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Attorney who worked in the Breckenridge area. He wrote and received several letters concerning the collection of funds due to cetain companies and collection agencies.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Sandra Dallas, 2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Breckenridge (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collecting of accounts -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collection agencies -- Colorado -- Breckenridge -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Whatlet, Barney -- Archives.
- Finding Aid for the Barney Whatley papers,[ca. 1912 ][manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script