Barney Whatley papers
Scope and Contents
Includes letters to and from Whatley to Francis X. Morrow about Theo Knorr and Matt Baker who owed money and were being dealt with by a collections agency. Letters detail the cost of items in 1912 as well as the collection methods. A few other letters also mention other people concerning money.
- Whatley, Barney. (Person)
- Dallas, Sandra (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Attorney who worked in the Breckenridge area. He wrote and received several letters concerning the collection of funds due to cetain companies and collection agencies.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Sandra Dallas, 2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Breckenridge (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collecting of accounts -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collection agencies -- Colorado -- Breckenridge -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Whatlet, Barney -- Archives.
- Finding Aid for the Barney Whatley papers,[ca. 1912 ][manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States