Howard W. Heck papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes both print and CD-ROM copies his memoir: "Howard Heckʹs World War II Army Memoirs" (2007); military papers (1945).
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Howard Heck was born in Minnesota, Minn. in 1925. He had graduated from North High School, Minneapolis, Minn. in 1943 and was working as a machine operator when he enlisted in the Army in 1944 at Fort Snelling, Minn. Heck received his basic training at Camp Roberts, Calif. He came to the 10th Mountain Division as a replacement troop in April 1945 and was assigned to Company L, 85th Infantry Regiment.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Howard Heck;gift;2007, 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Heck, Howard Walter, 1925- -- Archives.
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Howard W. Heck papers,1945- 2007[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script