Ralph W. Hulbert Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains the following materials: newsclippings; ephemera; correspondence (1943-1979); personal and military papers (1943-1979).
- Hulbert, Ralph W.,1920- (Person)
- Hulbert, Ralph W., (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ralph W. Hulbert was born in Boston, Massachusetts in 1920. He attended high school at Proctor Academy in Andover, N.H. and graduated in 1940. Hulbert had completed one year of college before enlisting in the Army on March 5, 1943 at Boston, Massachusetts. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado, where he was assigned to the 86th Infantry Regiment and served with companies A and F. During combat operations in Italy, Hulbert received the Bronze Star Medal during the Po River battle. After returning to the U.S., Hulbert attended Boston University where he pursued degrees in physical and elementary education.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ralph W. Hulbert; Gift; 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hulbert, Ralph W., 1920- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ralph W. Hulbert Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States