Three Years in the West
Scope and Contents
Collection contains an unpublished, bound typescript titled: Three Years in the West by W. E. Barton. The text describes Barton's experiences traveling in the western United States (1907-1911). Text illustrated with printed images and annotations attached to pages. Collection also available on microfilm (C MSS Mflm187).
- Barton, W.E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
W. E. Barton travelled from Indiana to Denver, Colo. to work as a stenographer in 1907. He later travelled and worked as a stenographer, land promoter, teacher and salesman in Utah, California, Idaho and Washington.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection contains microfilm Mflm 187.
Microfilm reel also contains: Nathan C. Meeker papers (WH1680, Mflm186; RL2) and William Russell Thomas letters (-M777; Mflm188; RL2).
Varying Form of Title
W. E. Barton travel diary.
- Barton, W.E. -- Archives.
- Colorado -- Description and travel -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Typescripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script