William C. Hosking Papers
Scope and Contents
Includes the newsletter "The Alumni Bulletin "created by scoutmaster Herbert M. Wilson. The newsletters contain excerpts from many World War II letters, including Hosking's (copies). An index to the newsletters is also included as well as the manuscript "10th Mtn Ramblings by A. Geezer", by Bill Hosking, (manuscript, copy).
- 1942-1945, 2001, 2007
- Hosking, William C.,1923- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Born in New Jersey. Completed one year of college when he enlisted in the Army on January 13, 1943. Joined the 10th Mountain Division while it was engaged in mountain and winter warfare training at Camp Hale, Colorado. Assigned to the 86th Infantry Regiment and served in Company I and in the headquarters company of the 3rd Battalion. Received the Bronze Star Medal during combat operations against the German Army in Italy.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, William C. Hosking, 2001, 2007.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hosking, William C., 1923- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States