Richard M. Calvert Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains two scrapbooks: Scrapbook A (December 1942-May 1945) and Scrapbook B (May-November 1945). The scrapbooks document Calvert's experiences from his induction into the Army through his discharge. Items include photographs, letters, postcards, memorabilia, military papers, diary entries (April 14-May 2, 1945), clippings.
- Calvert, Richard M.,1923- (Person)
- Calvert, Richard M., 1923- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Richard M. Calvert was born in Mass. in 1923 and enlisted in the Army at Boston, Mass. in February, 1943. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed one year of college and working as a draftsman. Calvert joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company B, 86th Infantry Regiment, but later transferred to the Headquarters Company of the 90th Infantry before joining Headquarters Company of the 86th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Calvert received the Bronze Star medal for his actions near Roffeno Musiolo in April 1945 and attained the rank of Corporal.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gfit; Richard Calvert; 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Calvert, Richard M., 1923- -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Richard M. Calvert Papers
- Keli Schmid
- February 16, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States